Christie’s is hosting an online auction (Oct. 15–29) to benefit the ACM Lifting Lives COVID-19 Response Fund, which was created to support individuals in the country music community who are currently in need of pandemic relief assistance.
Items have been donated by Dolly Parton, Keith Urban, Dwight Yoakam, Tim McGraw, Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Little Big Town and more.
Highlights of the auction include:
- Dolly Parton’s Swarovski-crystal bedazzled four-string dulcimer
- Taylor Swift’s black 2018 Gibson acoustic guitar
- Sheryl Crow’s vintage Baldoni accordion
- Keith Urban’s Hi-9 semi-solid body electric guitar
- Bradley Cooper’s semi-hollow body electric Gibson guitar
- Dwight Yoakam’s Epiphone Casino guitar
- Tim McGraw’s F131 Hellcat Motorcycle
One of the auction’s featured items is Dolly Parton’s Swarovski-crystal-studded dulcimer, which is estimated at $50,000 to $100,000. Dolly recently performed with the dulcimer during her 50th Anniversary Opry celebration in October 2019.
“Seeing my country music community suffer due to the pandemic has broken my heart,” says Dolly. “It was important to donate the dulcimer that was designed for my 50th Opry Anniversary so we can raise awareness and much needed funds to keep these folks on their feet before we can open the doors to our stages once again.”
photo by Curtis Hilbun, AFF-USA.com