“Thanks for Supportin’ Texas Country & Stayin’ Loyal to 99.5 THE WOLF!”
99.5 The Wolf and the 2019 Chevy Silverado bring you the ORIGINAL Texas/Red Dirt Radio Show! Every Sunday night from 6p-8p tune in for two hours of the BEST Texas/Red Dirt music, mixed with interviews from your favorite Texas/Red Dirt artists!
Have a song YOU want heard on the Front Porch? Use the form below and then tune in Sunday night 6-8p to hear us play your favorite Texas/Red Dirt song!
Texas/Red Dirt News!
Texan Charley Pride is a Country Music Icon and three time Grammy winner. But, he had a fascinating life before Country music too. WFAA has Charley’s story.
In November 2018, Granger Smith released ‘They Were There: A Hero’s Documentary’ which highlighted a 5 day journey Granger embarked on to honor a soldier a day. In the film, which Granger narrated, he reads letters from soldiers, meets family members and loved ones.
When asked about the film, Granger said “I’m lucky enough to have achieved a lot of different milestones and accolades in my career, but I realize that doesn’t come from merit alone. I discovered a long time ago that I am allowed to chase these dreams because of men and woman who volunteer to ensure my freedom.
I’ve taken entertainment tours to war zones in the Middle East. I’ve walked 400 miles in combat boots to raise money for returning soldiers. And somehow, none of that comes close to repaying my debt of gratitude. When a hero falls, their legacy must live on. Their sacrifice has sewn the fabric of our freedom, and their story must be retold.”
You can watch the documentary in its entirety below:
Today is Veteran’s Day. Radney Foster sat down with Hondo to talk about his song Angel Flight and gave the backstory behind the song.
If you see a veteran today, thank them for their service. It’s because of them we have the freedoms we enjoy.
In honor of Veteran’s Day, Operation Kindness is waving adoption fees for veterans and active duty service members through November 30th with a valid military ID. Get all the details on their Facebook page below, then get out and give a pet a forever home!
In honor of Veteran’s Day, we’re waiving all adoption fees* for veterans and active duty service members with a valid…
LIVE FROM THE FRONT PORCH
Dalton Domino stopped by to play us his new song “July.”
Check out a Front Porch First Listen below!
Jefferson, Tx native Sarah Hobbs stopped by and gave The Wolf an acoustic of “Point of No Return” which she sings with Sam Riggs on her upcoming EP expected out before the end of the year!
Watch the acoustic performance below!
Our friend Cody Canada sent us a moving tribute to the late Merle Haggard. We are honored to share it with you.
Our friends the Randy Rogers Band open up the 2016 Lone Star Park Music Series Friday, April 8 in Grand Prairie. Randy was recently on The Front Porch Show:
5 Questions with Randy Rogers
- “You and the guys have been doing this now for over 15 years. To what would you attribute the success of The Randy Rogers Band?”
- On your duet with Willie “Trouble Knows My Name” some pretty crazy things take place on tour in towns like Kansas City, New Orleans and Missoula, Montana of all places. .Are these real accounts?
- The new album “Nothing Shines Like Neon” was recorded during a tough time for you personally, and I understand is actually dedicated to a close friend of yours who you lost before the recording began?
- As we mentioned, you have been doing this now for a long, long time. When you look at the crop of new Texas artists out there now, who stands out to you?
- In the new album you were blessed to record 3 duets with the likes of Jamey Johnson, Allison Kraus and the great Jerry Jeff Walker. What was it like recording the cover of “Taking It As It Comes” with Jerry Jeff in the studio?