99-5 The Wolf and the all new Chevy Silverado bring you the ORIGINAL Texas music show! Every Sunday night from 6p-8p tune in for two hours of the BEST Texas/Red Dirt music, mixed with interviews and insights from your favorite Texas/Red Dirt artists!
Tell your friends and join us THIS Sunday on The Front Porch!
“Thanks for Supportin’ Texas Country, for stayin’ loyal to 99-5 THE WOLF!” – Hondo
Texas/Red Dirt News!
The folks at Wide Open Country have put together a list of 15 of the most iconic Texas/Red Dirt acts in history. From Creager to CCR (For those of us in Texas there’s only one CCR), it’s a pretty impressive list.
The full rundown:
15. Charlie Robison
14. Jamie Lin Wilson
13. Kelly Willis
12. Cross Canadian Ragweed
11. Pat Green
10. Stoney LaRue
9. Kevin Fowler
8. Wade Bowen
7. Cory Morrow
6. Roger Creager
5. Sunny Sweeney
4. Bruce Robison
3. Jason Boland
2. Jack Ingram
- Randy Rogers Band
You can read the full article and hear some music from each artist here.
Cody Johnson will be headed to Nashville, TN in May 2019 for a very special show. He will be playing the Ryman Auditorium. Often referred to as the “Mother Church” of Country music, The Ryman is the original home of the Grand Ol Opry!
Tickets go on sale for this show December 14 at codyjohnsonmusic.com. You can read the full post from Cody Johnson below!
Tickets are on sale now HERE.
General Admission Tickets: $36.50* (in advance) or $48.50* (full price) | VIP Packages for cocktail service and private acoustic sets are also available: $60.50* (in advance) or $85.00* (full price). *Plus sales tax and ticketing fees
Celebrating its 18th year, Mardi Gras Texas Style! is a one-of-a-kind music festival that takes place at the Historic State Fairgrounds in Dallas, Texas. All of the food, fun, and flavor of the best Mardi Gras celebration combined with 20 of the hottest Texas Country music acts on 5 stages make this party the only place to be.
Join us February 23, 2019 to enjoy beer, eats, and beads, alongside the very best in Texas Country Music, at Mardi Gras Texas Style! Find out more HERE.
Appearing on the 99.5 The Wolf Stage:
|Shane Smith & The Saints||6:15pm-7:15pm|
Appearing on the Coors Light Stage:
|Vincent Neil Emerson||3:45pm-4:30pm|
|Tyler & The Tribe||2:45pm-3:15pm|
Appearing on the East Stage:
Appearing on the West Stage:
All artists and times are subject to change without notice.
The Texas Rangers have announced that after 21 years in the Majors (8 seasons with your Texas Rangers), future Hall of Famer Adrian Beltre is retiring. Beltre retires as the only 3rd baseman in Major League history to rack up 3,000 career hits AND 400 homers. We wish #29 the best.
You can read the full announcement and writeup from Texas Rangers beat writer T.R Sullivan here.
LIVE FROM THE FRONT PORCH
Dalton Domino stopped by to play us his new song “July.”
Check out a Front Porch First Listen below!
Jefferson, Tx native Sarah Hobbs stopped by and gave The Wolf an acoustic of “Point of No Return” which she sings with Sam Riggs on her upcoming EP expected out before the end of the year!
Watch the acoustic performance below!
Our friend Cody Canada sent us a moving tribute to the late Merle Haggard. We are honored to share it with you.
Our friends the Randy Rogers Band open up the 2016 Lone Star Park Music Series Friday, April 8 in Grand Prairie. Randy was recently on The Front Porch Show:
5 Questions with Randy Rogers
- “You and the guys have been doing this now for over 15 years. To what would you attribute the success of The Randy Rogers Band?”
- On your duet with Willie “Trouble Knows My Name” some pretty crazy things take place on tour in towns like Kansas City, New Orleans and Missoula, Montana of all places. .Are these real accounts?
- The new album “Nothing Shines Like Neon” was recorded during a tough time for you personally, and I understand is actually dedicated to a close friend of yours who you lost before the recording began?
- As we mentioned, you have been doing this now for a long, long time. When you look at the crop of new Texas artists out there now, who stands out to you?
- In the new album you were blessed to record 3 duets with the likes of Jamey Johnson, Allison Kraus and the great Jerry Jeff Walker. What was it like recording the cover of “Taking It As It Comes” with Jerry Jeff in the studio?