99-5 The Wolf and the all new Chevy Silverado bring you the ORIGINAL Texas music show! Every Sunday night from 6p-8p tune in for two hours of the BEST Texas/Red Dirt music, mixed with interviews and insights from your favorite Texas/Red Dirt artists!
Tell your friends and join us THIS Sunday on The Front Porch!
“Thanks for Supportin’ Texas Country, for stayin’ loyal to 99-5 THE WOLF!” – Hondo
Texas/Red Dirt News!
Yep you read that right, our buddy Kyle Park tweeted out that he popped the question to long time girlfriend Brandi saying “..I’m no doubt the luckiest guy in the world.” We wish them both the HAPPIEST of years together! You can read Kyle’s full announcement below!
I asked the woman of my dreams to marry me, and she said YES! I’ve never known someone who’s as smart, beautiful, funny, strong, kind, and gentle. The total package. And she loves me. I’m without a doubt the luckiest guy in the world. I love you Brandi Evans! ❤️ pic.twitter.com/VzgBiTelI1
— Kyle Park (@kyle_park) August 3, 2018
It was 20 years ago with the push of a button, Texas music history was made that would change the landscape of radio in DFW forever. Our own Smokey Rivers was there, in fact, it was Smokey who pushed the button that launched the Wolf and he sat down on the Front Porch to talk about the decision and what has kept the Wolf going strong for 20 years!
Aaron Watson tweeted out the video courtesy of Wide Open Country for his new Texas Country “Run Wild Horses” from his current album Vaquero. Filmed in his hometown of Buffalo Gap, Texas, the video features The Honky Tonk Kid’s wife, Kimberly. Hats off to Wide Open Country for the great review and We LOVE the video! We’re certain Wolf fans will too! You can check out Aaron’s tweet, Wide Open Country’s review and the video below!
— Aaron Watson (@aaron_watson) July 25, 2018
Friday night at the World’s Largest Honky Tonk was NOT just another Friday night. Not for the nearly 6k in attendance and not for Koe Wetzel. Back to back sell outs (in only Koe’s first two appearances ever on the main stage) would prove to be only the beginning of an historic night. Before the show even began, Billy Bob’s Texas had honored the young man from Pittsburg, Texas (pop. >5000) with two historical honors:
Then Koe was honored with his handprints being added to the Billy Bob’s Texas “Wall of Fame” where Texas music legends like Willie Nelson, Joe Ely, Pat Green, Jack Ingram, and so many more are cemented in Texas music history for all patrons to enjoy!
It was truly an historic night for Koe, Billy Bob’s Texas and all who love and appreciate Texas music. If you would like to see a video of Koe signing his name on the wall backstage, we have that video too!
The Front Porch Show & 99-5 The Wolf were honored to have been part of this truly remarkable experience!
Thank you to all our loyal Wolf Fans who came out to Billy Bob’s Texas, for supporting TEXAS Country & Staying loyal to 99-5 The Wolf!
LIVE FROM THE FRONT PORCH
Dalton Domino stopped by to play us his new song “July.”
Check out a Front Porch First Listen below!
Jefferson, Tx native Sarah Hobbs stopped by and gave The Wolf an acoustic of “Point of No Return” which she sings with Sam Riggs on her upcoming EP expected out before the end of the year!
Watch the acoustic performance below!
Our friend Cody Canada sent us a moving tribute to the late Merle Haggard. We are honored to share it with you.
Our friends the Randy Rogers Band open up the 2016 Lone Star Park Music Series Friday, April 8 in Grand Prairie. Randy was recently on The Front Porch Show:
5 Questions with Randy Rogers
- “You and the guys have been doing this now for over 15 years. To what would you attribute the success of The Randy Rogers Band?”
- On your duet with Willie “Trouble Knows My Name” some pretty crazy things take place on tour in towns like Kansas City, New Orleans and Missoula, Montana of all places. .Are these real accounts?
- The new album “Nothing Shines Like Neon” was recorded during a tough time for you personally, and I understand is actually dedicated to a close friend of yours who you lost before the recording began?
- As we mentioned, you have been doing this now for a long, long time. When you look at the crop of new Texas artists out there now, who stands out to you?
- In the new album you were blessed to record 3 duets with the likes of Jamey Johnson, Allison Kraus and the great Jerry Jeff Walker. What was it like recording the cover of “Taking It As It Comes” with Jerry Jeff in the studio?